Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Ice Pack : Day 9

It's been a few days. I have tried to write every day since the last post but have found myself coming up short on words. I have been thinking a lot about the people in my life and what they mean to me. I'd like to share some of the words i've come up with.
Mom:
I know we haven't spent much time together lately because we're both crazy busy, but I love the smile you get on your face when I walk in the door after school skating or work. It never ceases to be the best welcome a girl could ask for. You are always glad to see me, and it lights up my day.
Joy:
You may complain about the cold and about your situation and complications with the ex, but I couldn't be happier to walk with you every day, and once again improve our already insanely awesome friendship. I am spending more time with you than we had or a while, and I am so glad to have you back. We have our ups and downs, and baby right now we're on top of the world.
Katy:
Oh Katy, there will never be the right words for you. I really appreciate that you have been among the people there for me through all of my stupid boy-driven craziness. (Maybe Aunt Cory was right...I am boy crazy.) And even though you can yell the name out loud so lots of people hear you, you are still there to talk to and don't make fun of me when I say I miss seeing him everyday, even though it shouldn't matter. Thanks sweetie.
Rachel:
Firstly, your answering machine is my new best friend. We talk about everything: boys, hair, clothes, make-up, tests, school. You name it; I've talked to your machine about it. The rare occasions that you do answer your phone, however, we have lovely conversations about everything that matters.
Stephen:
Even though you are in Italy right now, I miss you very much and hate it when we fight, but when we get along, it is the best of times. Thanks for being there for me big brother, and not letting the crap I get you involved with turn you against me. Family is forever whether you want it or not, so let's make the best of it, right?
Jeffrey:
Oh musical mini-me, I am getting to know my dear growing teenager-ing cousin more and more each day and I am taken back to the days when I was your idol. I love how much we have in common and I look forward to spending more time with you and love the jokes we share. Can't wait to get on your head those hurss.

So instead of things to be thankful for today, those are the people I am thankful for.
<3

1 comment:

Betty said...

I love you Babe, you always brighten my day.